Instructions for Roast Squash
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and pulp with a spoon, discard
Note: Seeds can be washed and roasted for another time if desired
3. Cut a small portion off the underside of the halved squash to make a flat surface, so your squash will stand up and not fall over
4. Brush the flesh side with butter and sprinkle with salt & pepper
5. Place flesh side up on a baking sheet
6. Bake for 40-50 minutes on middle rack or until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork
7. Remove from oven and set aside.
Instructions for Blonde Roux
1. In a large pot, over medium-low heat, melt butter completely, then slowly add flour while stirring
2. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until the flour begins to take on a little color, approx. 5-6 minutes
3. Once the roux is a golden blonde color, add Shamrock Farms® Pumpkin Spiced Heavy Whipping Cream and turn up heat to medium-high, still stirring with the wooden spoon throughout this process
4. Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes until the roux thickens enough to coat the back of the wooden spoon, then turn heat down to low
5. Keep Blonde Roux on the stove on low until you're ready to add it to the macaroni mix
Instructions for Macaroni Mix
1. Boil a large pot of water.
2. Once boiling, add dry noodles and cook for 2 minutes less than package suggests
3. Drain pasta very well
4. Add cheese, sour cream and salt to Blonde Roux and mix well while on low heat
5. Gently fold in cooked pasta and stir, make sure all noodles are coated with Pumpkin Spice Cheese mix
Instructions for Stuffing and Baking Squash
1. Turn broiler on high.
2. Scoop Macaroni mix into roasted squash halves and top with approx. 2oz of sharp cheddar per squash
3. Bake under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbling, approx. 4-8 minutes depending on your oven…
Note: Keep an eye on your dish, we don’t want it to burn after all of your hard work!
4. Remove from broiler and enjoy!