Lime Cheesecake Dip with Football Sugar Cookies
This Lime Cheesecake Dip made with cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, Shamrock Farms sour cream, lime juice and gelatin is perfect for Game Day. Pair it with these Lime Football Sugar Cookies and some fruit and you’ll voted as the MVP.
Lime Cheesecake Dip
- 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 3 oz package lime gelatin
Football Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups + 6 tbsp sifted flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 - 3 tbsp Shamrock Farms Milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups of dip & about 5 dozen 3-inch cookies
- In a mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the Shamrock Farms Sour Cream and mix until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the lime zest and juice. Mix well.
- Add the packet of lime gelatin and mix thoroughly, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl.
- Add the lime zest and mix.
- In a clean mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Place 1/3 of the dough onto a lightly floured piece of parchment and roll to 1/8 – 1/4-inch in thickness.
- Using a 3-inch football shaped cookie cutter (or cardboard template), cut out the cookies.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until the edges are just slightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- In a clean mixing bowl, cream the butter and shortening until well blended.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add half of the confectioners’ sugar and mix.
- Add remaining half of confectioners’ sugar and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Shamrock Farms Milk and beat until smooth. If frosting looks too dry, add remaining tablespoon of milk.
- Place halt of the frosting into a sandwich bag and cut a small piece off one of the corners.
- Frost a slightly curved line down the center of the football and then three across for the stitches.
- Serve the cookies with the dip.