- 1/2 cup Shamrock Farms Eggnog
- 4 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar light or dark
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or rum extract, if desired)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- For the dough: In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk and vanilla or rum extract. Mix well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Cover bowl (or remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap) and chill for 1+ hours. You can chill for up to 24 hours if you have time.
- When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Form the dough into 1 inch balls. Mix nutmeg and sugar in a small bowl and roll each ball of dough through the sugar mixture to coat one side.
- Place on a greased baking sheet or a cookie sheet covered with wax paper or silicone baking mat.
- Bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake. Allow to cool on baking sheet for at least ten minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- For Glaze: combine powdered sugar, Shamrock Farms Eggnog and nutmeg. Stir well to combine. Drizzle over cookies and allow to set up. Glaze stays slightly soft so best not to stack cookies if glazed.