Champurrado is a traditional Mexican Christmas drink that you and your family are sure to enjoy.
- 2 cups Shamrock Farms Half and Half
- 1 cup Shamrock Farms Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 squares (one ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 1/2 quarts.
- In a large saucepan, combine the masa harina with the water, using a whisk.
- Add the cinnamon stick and vanilla.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened.
- Stir in the brown sugar, half and half, cream and chocolate, and bring to a simmer, whisking until smooth.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and serve hot.