Blue Cheese Cake
Enjoy this delicious recipe by Chef Matthew Burton, Jad’i Tooh’
- 8 ounces Shamrock Farms Unsalted Butter, melted
- 14 ounces panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Shamrock Farms Heavy Cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 3 whole eggs, separated, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 drops lemon juice
- 12 ounces blue cheese
- 12 ounces Shamrock Farms Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch white pepper
- Red wine reduction (optional, below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in a 9” round springform pan. Add melted butter and form crust along bottom and sides of pan. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes. Let cool. Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine cream cheese, Shamrock Farms Sour Cream and Heavy Cream in a bowl and mix using paddle attachment. When combined, add egg yolks one at a time until incorporated. Fold in blue cheese crumbles.
- Whip egg whites with lemon juice to medium-stiff peaks. Fold into filling mixture. Pour mixture into crust and bake in a water bath for 40-50 minutes. Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix topping ingredients and add to top of cheesecake. Bake in water bath for 5 minutes. Turn off oven and let sit without opening oven for 60 minutes. Refrigerate overnight.
- Optional: Reduce 3 cups of red wine to 1/4 cup. Cool and drizzle over room-temperature Blue Cheese Cake to serve. Can also be served with honey or raspberry jam.