To make sure the tour meets your needs, we did our homework and consulted with teachers. The result is an interactive, activity-driven tour that does the following:
- Meets and reinforces Arizona education standards while making learning about dairy fun
- Works with your existing curriculum to bring classroom lessons to life
- Includes downloadable lesson plans in math, history, reading comprehension and more
School Tour Structure
Our school tours are structured and tour guide led. We keep our school tours in specific, clearly defined areas.
We encourage our school tours to avoid small group breakdowns (i.e., parent chaperones assigned to small groups of students) so that the students can get the most out of their visit here.
About Our Farm Tour Field Trips
Contact teachers – please share this information with your team:
- The tour is given in an open-air tram that takes you around our working dairy farm. Tours last approximately 60 minutes.
- Your students will learn about dairy farming and see 200 cows being milked at once in a modern, theater-like setting.
- Your students will have the opportunity to enjoy Roxie’s Adventure Land by climbing up a 20-foot milk bottle, sliding down a cottage cheese slide or milking a cow on our simulated milking game.
- Your students will also be visiting Roxie’s Calf Nursery, where they will have the opportunity to feed and pet a baby calf.
- Extra time can be added if you want your students to bring a brown bag lunch to enjoy inside the Welcome Center Barn. For an additional fee, you may purchase ice cream novelties to enjoy with your lunch. Our snack bar is not open during school tours.
- Bring busy work if you have an extra large group requiring both the 10AM and the 11:15AM tour times.
- Roxie’s Gift Shop offers fun cow-spotted items to remind you and your students of your great day at the farm.
Booking a school tour:
To request a booking, please click here for the school reservation page